Depression is a majorly common and serious medical illness that leaves a negative effect on the way you feel, think, and act. It can be a cause of many problems at work, in your social life, and within the family. The person suffering from depression must be well aware of its effects and also that it’s not only they who’re suffering but also the people around them who genuinely care about them.
What are the symptoms of depression?
- Continuous grief
- Loss of energy and exhaustion
- More or less appetite
- More or less sleep
- Trends isolation, social withdrawal
- Stress, anxiety, indecision
- Frustration, indifference
- Loss of interest in finding sexual partners or to sexual intercourse.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness
- Poor distribution over most of the day nearly every day
- Reduction of interest or pleasure in all or almost all activities
- Anxiety and pessimism about the future.
- Sometimes, thoughts about death and suicide
The basic feature for detection of depressive symptoms is cognitive triad:
- Negative thoughts about one.
- Negative thoughts about society and the social environment
- Negative thoughts about the future
A man suffering from depression can have these three characteristics, or a combination thereof. The main symptoms of the disease are the following sentiments:
- Inferiority (feeling low self-esteem – the others are superior to the same)
- Sadness (feeling melancholy, which can be expressed by crying, isolation, sleep disturbances, etc.)
- Guilt (feeling that blame for everything that happens and how it should be punished)
- Irritable (sometimes there aggression, anger, etc.).
Take treatment by one of the best psychiatrist in delhi at HCR Institute, for depression.